Graphics from Trifaith's The Love Dare kit

What IS vs. What IF

Focus not on 'what if', but rather on 'what is'. These words were casually tossed around by myself and a friend in a phone conversation yesterday, but once they were said, we each realized the poignancy and truth of that simple statement. She said to me, “God says He is I AM. I need to remember that.” She is dealing with a time of uncertainty due to a difficult doctor's diagnosis that leaves her wondering what lies ahead for her in the next few weeks and months.

After we hung up, I continued to turn those words over in my head. Don't each of us struggle each day to remember 'what is' and not dwell on 'what if'? God has all my 'what ifs' in His hand and I would do best to just leave them there, so today I pledge to remember 'what is'. Like this:

  • Jesus loved me enough to die to save me. (John 3:16)
  • God holds me in the shelter of His hand. (Psalm 61:4; Psalm 91:1)
  • Life is hard, but Jesus is stronger than anything that may come against me.(1 John 5:4-5)


So go out today, remembering that you are an ambassador of the light and hope of Jesus...and this world can definitely use a little more light! -- Glynis

0 comments: